Thursday 6 January 2011

Corona Imperialis Wallpapers



Horsetail Ferns, Dragonflies and Butterflies


Pod Stripe
I have been very busy in college today so that I can have a guilt free trip to London this weekend to celebrate our Ruby Wedding which is on Sunday.
These 2 wallpapers were designed to accompany the Corona imperialis textile piece. The first one uses the images of butterflies from the border of the print. Along with these I have included a rather nice dragonfly that I used in one of the fabric designs and I have put them with some ancient horsetail ferns. I have included my first attempt to illustrate the trials and tribulations of designing repeat designs. The observant among you will notice that this piece (with 2x2 repeats) is not quite lined up and  looks a bit "blocky" but I did quite enjoy the challenge of correcting this (which was as a result of my wonky drawing of the original stem of the fern).
The second design  used the seed pod of the Corona imperialis flower and was a breeze to do, but even this needed a bit of "warping" to line up the stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment