Tuesday 20 August 2013

Summer Sewing Projects

Since I last posted on my blog way back in May I have had a wonderful family holiday in France and on returning home I felt full of enthusiasm to take on the challenge of making some more outfits to add to my granddaughter Martha's summer wardrobe. I saw this cute pattern in a local haberdashery and immediately purchased some fabric to get started so that it was ready for the warm weather I hoped we would be blessed with here in the North East of England.
I chose the bottom colourway as they also had  really good plain turquoise and burgundy fabrics to use as a coordinates.

I got straight down to work, modifying the pattern as usual, and it went together like a dream.

The next step was to add some finishing touches like coordinating buttons and embroidery and it was ready to wear.

Luckily we had lots of warm days for Martha to wear her suntop and shorts.


For slightly cooler days I found a couple of balls of burgundy cotton yarn in my daughters crochet bag and so I've knit her a matching cardigan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment