Wednesday 16 March 2011

Fossil Design for Rug

Mood Board for 2011 Competition

Th colours I selected were 2 at top right, 3 in 3rd row
 at right and 1 2nd from the right on bottom row

My design featuring my drawings of  ammonites
I heard in college, from Colleen, about the GoodWeave Rug Design Competition and I thought I would look at the brief as she thought my concept would fit in, as this year it was all about organic shapes.
I discovered that GoodWeave is a international organisation working to end child labour in the rug industry of South Asia. It funds education and rehabilitation for thousands of rescued children.
Fired up by this cause I set about designing a rug to fit in with my Fossil Collection, so that I can submit it as part of my FMP. They provided a mood board and a colour palette from which you could select a maximum of 8 colours. That had to include any shades as another colour so I chose 7 of them to colour my line drawings of ammonites. Then I did a background with some of the colours using another drawing of a trilobite (I couldn't resist doing something in repeat!).
 The lucky winner gets to have their design made up in a 200cmx140cm rug + £300 so fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Your rug design looks really lovely Mavis. Love the colours and the way it all works together. Good luck with the competition xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!!!....very good cause.....your design works really well :-)

    ReplyDelete