Saturday 10 September 2011

The Biscuit Factory

Yesterday a small group of friends from my Textile and Surface Design degree course came over and after coffee and a catch up we set off for The Biscuit Factory in Newcastle. It is one of my husband and I's favourite places to look for special presents but this trip was different. Colleen, Joy, Jackie and myself really enjoyed examining and discussing the amazing range of work on display in their new Autumn show. We were there for over 4 hours, but that did include two visits to The Factory Kitchen for sustenance. I particularly liked the work of Emerson Mayes who is a Yorkshire born artist working in Drypoint etching of subjects close to my heart - flora & fauna. I particularly liked the black and white bird prints with a touch of colour using gold leaf or watercolour.

Redwings - which is also the name of the lane where we live

Fieldfare - the name of the road next to ours


The other lovely surprise was to discover an amazing collection of ceramics by Clare Baker, the multi-talented artist and all round kind, interesting, supportive, funny, encouraging........... lecturer from our course at CCAD. This collection was so different to any of her other work that I have loved and also pretty unique in every other respect. Go see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment