Friday 5 November 2010

Week 6 of FMP

I have decided that, for now, I have sufficient drawing sheets to get started with my design development. I began this on Tuesday in college and made the brave decision to forget arranging photocopies of my drawings, to get some idea of a repeat layout, and to go straight into CAD. I will leave the screen printing for later when the full timers will have handed in their Minor Project and hopefully the print rooms will be a bit quieter.
I was a bit apprehensive at first as I felt that I had forgotten everything I ever Knew about Photoshop and doing pattern repeats but once I got started I really enjoyed producing my first design for an interior fabric with a 34cm x 32cm repeat which I am calling Angiosperm 1 for now. It is a riot of orchid and passionflower heads in colours that I selected from Mix trends forecast Botanics for Autumn/Winter 2011/2012.
I can't wait to get it digitally printed!

No comments:

Post a Comment